Receiving longer texts in chinese.

A

AC Question

I have a ZTE straight talk phone. Just about a week ago. My girlfriend would text me a longer text and it appears to be Chinese symbols. I have copied and pasted them into translators and it doesn't seem to stand for anything.
The shorter texts are fine but everytime she sends anything longer than a sentence this happens. She then has to send me a screenshot what she actually texted. It is really annoying. Had the phone since March with no issues. She has a Samsung Galaxy. I have scanned for viruses and everything is fine. It doesn't happen with anyone else's texts that I receive..just hers. It's odd. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fixed please?

Yuliavb

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
The same thing happened to my galaxy s4. Saddenly I am getting some messages in Chinese. I noticed my husband used smileys (which he always used in a past ). Yet, when he sent the same message without a smiley, it did go through.on the other hand, I got a message from my sis today. No smileys - Chinese...
I tried antivirus, all updates .. Nothing helps.
Let me know if you find a solution.

OklaHomeSeller

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I noticed this start happening about a week ago. A previous poster noted that they could log-in to messages.att.net and see the messages. This is the case on my end as well. I can log into ATT and see the messages without any issue that are being displayed on my phone as Chinese Characters.

Phone: Galaxy Note 5
Messaging App: I'm using Textra, and also have some other messaging apps installed (mightytext, for one).
Android Version 6.0.1
Kernel Version 3.10.61-8961126

I also noticed when I logged into AT&T that there are some messages that I'm not receiving at all!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay