Should I turn off my smartphone if I rarely use it.

A

AC Question

I have two phones: A Nokia 105 I use for calls and texts, and as an alarm clock, and a Gionee Marathon M5 I only use for surfing the net and watching/listening to stuff when I'm not at home. I don't use the smartphone at home because I use my laptop instead.

The thing is, I don't go out much and I'm unemployed right now (scheduled to start working next month). So there are days that I literally don't use the smartphone, which *maybe* isn't a big deal since the Marathon M5 has the best battery (6020 mAh) in the world. But given the situation, would it be better if I turn it off?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I don't think there is much of a benefit one way or another. If you turn it off, you are prolonging the battery life of the device, but I think that would be about it.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I'd leave the phone turned on with aeroplane mode enabled so you just need to switch WiFi on&off when needed. This is what i do with an old Moto G I keep as backup and battery usage is minimal for me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I leave my spare phones off - and check the battery every couple of months, topping them off if needed (to about 60% for long-term storage, or to 100% for ready use).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon