What is the unlock code for a Verizon, LG g5

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
A Verizon LTE phone is SIM unlocked, but only for GSM carriers. Boost uses Sprint, which is another CDMA carrier. A Verizon phone will not work.

That said, I don't know anything about unlocking CDMA capabilities, the bands used by Verizon and Boost, or if it even could work in theory. But the SIM unlocked status of Verizon phones applies to the LTE part, which is GSM.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Verizon phones have been sold unlocked for a few years now. However, the Verizon-branded phone may not contain the hardware needed to connect to the networks Boost uses.

You can go to the Boost site, click the Activate Your Phone at the top right. On that screen, select to move your number from another carrier to Boost. That results in a screen asking for the IMEI of your device, this will check the device to see if it is compatible with the Boost network.

Edit - Dang work got in the way and tgp beat me to it!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Your phone is not locked, the issue is, that Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint a CDMA carrier and that would require the phone to be added to their database in order for it to work. Your phone can and should work on any Verizon subsidiary (such as Total Wireless or Page Plus), OR any GSM provider such as T-Mobile, AT&T or any others that use GSM technology. You just can't use Sprint or those that operate through or on Sprint's network.

EDIT: Damn I got busy at work while composing this message now it appears like I'm WAY late to the party! LOL

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95