Please help. What tablet is better out of Samsung galaxy A 7.0" and samsung galaxy A 8.0". I have tried researching but i dont understand what half of the specifications mean. Please help me
    10-13-2016 07:43 AM
    Hello.

I think the 8 inch is an older model replaced by the Tab A 9.7 inch 2016.
    The Tab A 7.0 2016 has 8gb total internal storage of which about half is taken by the OS (I don't know the figure) so you will not be able to download large apps or have a lot of space for incidental apps, but it should be enough. The sd card is for media and files storage, and you cannot move small portions of many apps to the card successfully so it is not an extension of internal storage.

The 8.0 2015 has 16gb total storage so that is a benefit if you can get a good price on one. You won't be able to attach a usb thumb drive with an OTG cable, or use an MHL cable to a TV on either as far as I can tell (no USB Hosting in the Comms section)

The displays are relatively low resolution but are perfectly adequate.

There is a slight increase in RAM / temporary storage if you buy the LTE version of the 8 inch (takes a data sim card), but if you only want the wifi version you should save a lot of money.

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_tab_a_8_0-7121.php

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy...2016)-7880.php
    10-13-2016 08:23 AM
    Thank you so much. I have been researching for a long time, I just dont understand the difference. I can get the 8 for $90 more. Do I go for the 8? This is probably a silly question but does the 7 have higher resolution meaning a better picture? The tablet will mostly be used for games and to watch movies for my son.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    10-13-2016 09:11 AM
    Thank you so much. I have been researching for a long time, I just dont understand the difference. I can get the 8 for $90 more. Do I go for the 8? This is probably a silly question but does the 7 have higher resolution meaning a better picture? The tablet will mostly be used for games and to watch movies for my son.
    Thanks for registering.

I wasn't completely happy with the answer I gave waiting for a train, though most of it is accurate

I was looking at the 7 inch Tab A myself last week.

I would rather get to a pc in a few hours and get back to you if no one chips in.

Atm the 7.0 inch has more pixels per inch being a smaller screen and a higher resolution 800 x 1280, where 'only'768 x 1024 on the slightly bigger 8 inch screen does dilute the resolution to 161 PPI,though it would be hard to tell the difference except possibly with text.
    Think HD TV resolution not FHD, which isn't bad.

If they were wifi only variants you wanted I would go for the later 7 inch, though the 8 inch has double the storage.

http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/samsung-ga...ab-a-2016-3376

Please let me get back later if no one chips in, and if you have further questions post them anytime.
    10-13-2016 10:20 AM
    Denzzii, thx for joining. Looking at the spec pages linked by sfoLAX, the 7 has a higher resolution and greater pixel density. That results in a clearer/crisper picture. However, these are fairly lacking in the storage and RAM aspects, they'll be good for reading, web browsing, light gaming and checking email but that's about it.

I see sfoLAX expounded on his reply. Denzii, is there a particular specification you had a question about?
    Golfdriver97 and sfoLAX like this.
    10-13-2016 10:29 AM
    I would get this one linked by sfoLAX: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 - Full phone specifications

Reason is this: larger internal storage. The OS is probably going to be (guessing) 4-5 GB in size. If you get the one I linked, you will have 11 GB left for apps, files, etc. The other one sfoLAX linked is only 8 GB, so roughly 4 GB will be available to you.
    sfoLAX likes this.
    10-13-2016 10:33 AM