How do I fix AT&T Samsung S5 suddenly sending texts in Chinese?

A

AC Question

Checked settings in smartphone and all in English. This started yesterday morning.

Mandy Jolly

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
re: How do I fix AT&T Samsung S5 suddenly sending texts in Chinese?

Checked settings in smartphone and all in English. This started yesterday morning.
So this has been going on for me since yesterday and only with longer text messages. Here's what I did that seemed to have solved the problem. Go into settings-messenger- text messages- input mode- GSM alphabet. Hope this helps.

axumchick

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site

This just happened to me today. Any texts longer than 160 chars are sending in a Chinese text. But when my husband texts me from his S5 it's fine. I think the ones showing up in Chinese are coming from iPhones.

axumchick

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site

I found the cause of my issue!! The texts that I received in Chinese text included emojis - both being sent from 2 different iPhones. Once the emoji was removed and the text was resent, I could read it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I found the cause of my issue!! The texts that I received in Chinese text included emojis - both being sent from 2 different iPhones. Once the emoji was removed and the text was resent, I could read it.

Wow! Good for you for figuring that out! A strange issue to have, for sure, especially since your settings were all set to "English"!

Chattybroad

Oct 22, 2016
Visit site

Wasn't just an iphone issue. S5 was doing it too: sending message in chinese when emoji is attached. I went and made sure to set/reset language and input to english and auto date and time was selected.

mazey7252

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site

suggestions?? I've tried changing the input texts. It is My Samsung S5, just started today, and it seems to be with longer texts.
Also, when I sent a long text to an iphone user, it broke it into 10 different msgs.
Thanks.

GR8RYD

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site

I am experiencing the same problem with my Galaxy S5 (AT&T). It does seem to be associated with messages that have some emoji. I'd love to hear when someone has a resolution to the problem. PS: Are any of the rest of you using an application called MightyText? Just wondering if it might be a contributing factor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz