Hide apps completely

A

AC Question

I want to hide a few apps completely from my phone so that I wouldn't even know they're there. I guess sort of like those spy apps. I don't want them to show up even on the installed applications list, I don't want them just in a drawer or whatever. I tried renaming the apps and changing their icons, but that just voids their signatures. Can anyone please help me? It's quite urgent.
Thanks!

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I want to still be able to use the apps while they're hidden so that won't do. I'm trying to hide Automate, Dropsync, and Dropbox on a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running Kit Kat 4.4.2.

Hiding the apps is an interesting solution.
However, let's first talk about the problem you are trying to solve.

ReiSixx9

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Automate, Dropsync, and Dropbox, this app is in the file system and then, if you want to delete the app, you have to root the device, be careful with this job

Which app is in the file system? I installed all of these apps from Google Play. And I don't want to uninstall or delete these apps, I just want to hide them so someone can't find them.

ReiSixx9

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I tried a few of those out and they'd definitely be easier, but I can't find one that monitors wrote everything I want. So I originally tried finding an app the would record the screen and then send me the videos periodically, but that didn't seem possible. So now I'm trying to get it so the phone takes screenshots and periodically syncs those to a drive. That way we can see everything her daughter's doing.

CentroGeek

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I tried a few of those out and they'd definitely be easier, but I can't find one that monitors wrote everything I want. So I originally tried finding an app the would record the screen and then send me the videos periodically, but that didn't seem possible. So now I'm trying to get it so the phone takes screenshots and periodically syncs those to a drive. That way we can see everything her daughter's doing.
Just food for thought.
Monitoring a phone won't help you too much in life....
Use a good parental control app that blocks safe mode too and that's it.

ReiSixx9

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Just food for thought.
Monitoring a phone won't help you too much in life....
Use a good parental control app that blocks safe mode too and that's it.

The problem is my friend's tried so many parental control/monitoring apps and her daughter's still got in so much trouble over the years without anyone knowing.