Can a damaged/faulty SIM card cause your phone to do strange things?

A

AC Question

I have a new phone that randomly pulls up different apps, settings, increase and decrease the text size, appear as if I was scrolling with my finger on the phone, etc., all very rapidly.) I could not make it happen, and there is no rhyme or reason. It occurred while doing different things each time.
When I returned the phone within the 14-day return period, they send me a new one and it immediately did the same thing.
My daughter has the same phone with no problems. I was preparing to return mine and had the cellular company switch my number to her phone, installed my SIM card in her phone and within minutes, it was doing the same thing. Coincidence? or SIM card issue. The phone always made phone calls great, so it was connected.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a new phone that randomly pulls up different apps, settings, increase and decrease the text size, appear as if I was scrolling with my finger on the phone, etc., all very rapidly.) I could not make it happen, and there is no rhyme or reason. It occurred while doing different things each time.
When I returned the phone within the 14-day return period, they send me a new one and it immediately did the same thing.
My daughter has the same phone with no problems. I was preparing to return mine and had the cellular company switch my number to her phone, installed my SIM card in her phone and within minutes, it was doing the same thing. Coincidence? or SIM card issue. The phone always made phone calls great, so it was connected.

Typically SIM issues will only cause issues with your signal, network, etc. Not your phone apps and such.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair