I have just switched from iPhone 6 to Samsung s7 edge and am needing help! The phone is so different and its a bit hard to get used to.

One thing that I can't seem to find anywhere is how I get my notifications to appear on my screen and show?

For example:
    My work emails are all gmail, yet when I get a new one it doesn't show a little like 1 in the corner of the gmail app, and it doesn't give a notification when my screen is blacked out. Like where the time and date show....

On my iPhone, it would show on the lock screen that I have 10 emails from gmail, 10 messages, etc.

I am finding that I have to jump from screen to screen to screen and can't just find what I need, when apple is so simple, you open the screen, the app is there.

Can someone please help ?
    10-19-2016 02:13 AM
    On Android there isn't any way to get the numbers to show up in the corner of the app (for beginners at least) if it isn't show up on the lock screen or the notification bar then go to the Gmail app hit the hamburger (three lines) icon in the top left, go to "Settings", click the email address that you want to show notifications, then click the box next to "Notifications". If it isn't showing up on the lock screen then go to the phone's settings find "Notifications", then scroll down till you find Gmail and click it, somewhere on that screen you should see "On the lock screen." The "Hide sensitive notification content " will hide the contents of the message but you can see the title.

Welcome to the Android family hope you like it and figure it out works!!

To figure out how Android works I usually just play around with the settings to see what it does and if I don't like what it does I remember what I did and put it back the way it was, it really helps to learn how it works for me at least.
    10-19-2016 02:53 AM