I was sending a friend a ~15 sec video via MMS/SMS, and it looks like garbage. Conversely, my other two buddies at the table did the same test between their two iPhones and it was very clear.

Is this a iOS compression/algorithm/file format thing that allows the video to look very clear?

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks!
    10-22-2016 05:49 PM
    I was sending a friend a ~15 sec video via MMS/SMS, and it looks like garbage. Conversely, my other two buddies at the table did the same test between their two iPhones and it was very clear.

Is this a iOS compression/algorithm/file format thing that allows the video to look very clear?

Anybody else experience this?

Thanks!
    Lol... It's not the video is worse when it's between Android to iOS or Android to Android... It is MMS which has a considerably small size that it can send... It looks better between iOS to iOS bc iOS has iMessage which is like essentially an instant messaging app integrated into their text message app... It doesn't compress it to a mms size file
    10-22-2016 06:16 PM
    Lol? Gotcha, so it is a compression issue, and the proprietary iMessage system is favorable to MMS format when it comes to video.

Thx
    10-22-2016 06:21 PM