I dropped my LG G3 recently. Screen is shattered but still turns on and can see the desktop. Never had a screen lock on it. Trying to access my photos. When I plug it in to my computer, it recognizes the phone, lets me click on it to open (like I used to do), but it is blank (no folders/files). Tried on two machines and same thing. Interestingly, the SD card that was in it also seems to be corrupt.

When I plug my (even) older G3 in, it pops up with a little camera icon as a drive, and I can click it and go into the files. The newer broken one pops up with a little media/mp3 player icon. Not sure whether that means anything, but either way, clicking on it shows nothing there.

Any suggestions? I can't do anything through the screen (at least without getting it replaced).
    10-22-2016 08:05 PM
    If you can't unlock the screen you won't be able to access the device. You could try an OTG adaptor and USB keyboard to type a password
    sfoLAX likes this.
    10-23-2016 08:42 AM
    I think the screen is unlocked and readable.
    So yes an OTG cable and mouse should work on a G3.

Does it have Android 6.0 or 5.1, I don't check G3 updates.

If it's showing as a Portable Media Player on the pc then I'm not sure, but you want an MTP connection. Sounds like your other device is connected in PTP (photo transfer / camera) mode.

Anyway for Android 6.0 swipe down the notification shade when connected and change the USB mode from Charging only there.

If 5.1 I have a setting on a Motorola in Storage - 3 dot menu to switch from MTP - PTP or go to Developer Options.

Join the Android Central Community!

Using a mouse on a Locked screen :

A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen
    10-23-2016 09:13 AM