I have been having problems with my phone for weeks, to the point where I thought I would need a new phone (and many people commented this same belief). I managed to find ways to work around the problems. But now, I have a serious problem that I did not foresee: my phone will not reboot, even after a factory reset and clearing the cache partition. It all started because I installed an app called "Boot Animations" by JRummy Apps Inc. on the Play Store. I wanted a new boot animation. I installed the animation I wanted, then granted the app root permission to change my boot animation. I checked "yes" to creating a backup of my original animation, thinking that would be my safety net in case anything went wrong with the new one...

I rebooted my phone to see my fancy new Nexus inspired boot animation, and all I get is a black screen...for an hour. I figured a factory reset would fix things, but it didn't. My phone is still stuck at the black screen. After a few minutes of black screen, it turns white, and stays like that. But it doesn't go any farther than that white screen.

I'm hesitant to say my phone is ruined, since that's what I, and several other people, said about my previous phone issues, but those problems ended up being fixable. I would like to think that there is also some work-around for this new issue. I have an Alcatel One Touch Sonic A851L, running android 4.1.2. It's rooted. There is no stock firmware available for me to re-flash (I have looked for it everywhere and asked my service provider for it, and they could not provide the firmware). When I plug my phone into my computer, it says "CD Drive (H: )Alcatel_USB_auto", and the folders are "autorun", "driverinstaller', and "setup". No file access.

Does anyone have any solutions or ideas?
    10-22-2016 11:27 PM
    Btw, I'm not even getting a carrier logo. Just a blank screen.
    10-23-2016 12:07 AM
    Also, when my phone is plugged into a computer via USB, it loops. It goes from the 'Alcatel' screen, to black, to off, then repeats about 10 times before finally stopping. Then it's recognized by my computer as a CD drive. When it's plugged into a wall, it just goes to the battery screen, but doesn't loop.
    10-23-2016 05:49 PM