Same issues here
    11-02-2016 11:19 PM
    Just noticed Webview was updated as of 10.31.2016 - "What's new?" includes "Bug Fixes and Performance."

Downloaded it - seems to have fixed the problem (fingers crossed.)

Wwas ddriving mme ccrazy!
    B. Diddy and Moonwspr like this.
    11-03-2016 08:38 AM
    Good news! But it still shows up as being last updated 10/19/16 on my wife's Note5. I'll have to check again in the next couple of days.
    11-03-2016 10:10 AM
    Seems Google (was responsible and) has solved the bug, the Beta version of Android System Webview in Play Store (v. 55.0.2883.36) is working fine with Samsung Keyboard again. The current version (54.0.2840.68) has the problem.
    11-03-2016 11:01 AM
    Thanks all! Was having the same problem (brackets were driving me particularly nuts!). The Webview fix worked for me too...
    11-03-2016 01:39 PM
    welcome as a new member and thank you for the suggested fix.
    also here:
    New update nougat causing keyboard glitch with double letters ("", bb)? - #mtalk New update nougat causing keyboard glitch with double letters ("", bb)? - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

sent from mtalk
    how do you uninstall that update?
    11-07-2016 06:31 AM
    how do you uninstall that update?
    Open your Play Store app, search for Android System Webview, then tap Uninstall. It will ask you if you want to revert to the factory version -- say yes.
    11-07-2016 10:11 AM
    Had the same issue.. and removing that update helped. Thanks!!!
    11-07-2016 10:17 AM
    Signed up just to say thank you so much for this fix! My father was ready to throw his tablet out the window over this bug. I uninstalled the android system webview - will it need to be reinstalled at a later date or will new updates cover it?
    11-07-2016 06:56 PM
    I uninstalled the android system webview - will it need to be reinstalled at a later date or will new updates cover it?
    I would keep checking the Android System Webview app page in the Google Play Store, and update it again when the current version is beyond 10/19/16. It's still a good idea to keep Android System Webview updated if possible, because it also includes security patches.
    11-07-2016 10:54 PM
    I noticed several people mention yahoo mail in here and I had just installed yahoo mail before this started. Out of curiosity I removed the yahoo mail app and the problem went away. Looks like the yahoo mail app is causing the bug.
    11-08-2016 08:49 AM
    Nooo, Android Webview is causing it! Yahoo mail is probably using webviews, like Google Inbox. But any other app using webviews should present the problem! (Of course, if you unistall all apps using webview, it dissappears! ;-) )
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-08-2016 09:07 AM
    This has been driving me nuts!!!! Will try the suggested fix.
    rodalfa likes this.
    11-08-2016 10:11 PM
    Wonderful!!! This solved a very annoying problem caused by poor testing would be my guess.
    rodalfa likes this.
    11-09-2016 07:28 AM
    I also have noticed this in the past few weeks. Maybe a glitch of an update? I don't have Yahoo mail
    11-09-2016 10:06 AM
    Wow, you're super smart. Thanks!!
    11-09-2016 10:10 AM
    My contact within Samsung tells me that this is Android System Webview issue. Google identified the problem and released a fix in version 54.0.2840.82 or higher. If you have an auto-update enabled, you should have gotten this update already. If you are not in a position to upgrade, then reverting Android Webiew back to factory default version would resolve the issue.

Hope this helps!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-11-2016 12:24 PM
    I am having this same problem with repeating special characters (': and others. How do I remove the offending update?

Thanks!
    11-11-2016 01:18 PM
    I am having this same problem with repeating special characters (': and others. How do I remove the offending update?

Thanks!
    Welcome to Android Central! Look at my post #32 above.
    11-11-2016 03:24 PM
    Hi Folk's I am having the same issue as stated above I have uninstalled the webview and that did not solve the issue (I have also cleared the partition cache just in case) additionally I have downloaded another keyboard app to check with the same results, re-installed and uninstalled the webview app to be sure it was uninstalled properly. Some reports say it is only issue when typing emails in my case it is everything, text, web, and so on. One other issue but nor sure related but seem to have started at the same time is with not receiving all of my texts. I use Textra and it's been flawless until the double letter thing which only happens to the bottom row of keys on the keyboard.

Thanks in advance
    12-19-2016 05:43 PM
    Mine has also been doing the same. Husband thinks I'm nuts...ok, he is only partially right...but at least I'm not alone on this bit!
    12-20-2016 02:11 PM
    Hi Folk's I am having the same issue as stated above I have uninstalled the webview and that did not solve the issue (I have also cleared the partition cache just in case) additionally I have downloaded another keyboard app to check with the same results, re-installed and uninstalled the webview app to be sure it was uninstalled properly. Some reports say it is only issue when typing emails in my case it is everything, text, web, and so on. One other issue but nor sure related but seem to have started at the same time is with not receiving all of my texts. I use Textra and it's been flawless until the double letter thing which only happens to the bottom row of keys on the keyboard.

Thanks in advance
    HI, glad I found your response, bc like you, uninstalling the Web View app did not solve the problem - but, I was found the culprit in my case: Gboard. I enabled that and selected the Samsung board

The problem I was having was simular to other posters except mine was "last" of words repeated itself when I used the backspace key to make a correction. It would do this even if I moved the cursor a few spaces forward before trying to delete the double letter. However, I noticed it was doing this on maybe the 4th or 5th letter in a sentence.

I hope this helps someone experiencing the same.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    12-25-2016 12:12 AM
    HI, glad I found your response, bc like you, uninstalling the Web View app did not solve the problem - but, I was found the culprit in my case: Gboard. I enabled that and selected the Samsung board

The problem I was having was simular to other posters except mine was "last" of words repeated itself when I used the backspace key to make a correction. It would do this even if I moved the cursor a few spaces forward before trying to delete the double letter. However, I noticed it was doing this on maybe the 4th or 5th letter in a sentence.

I hope this helps someone experiencing the same.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    Thank You MsAtx

I see you have the Note 5 I have the S6 Edge and I cannot find on my device the GBoard. I will do some searches but where is the option located I do not have it where I would anticipate in the language and input selection.

Thank you
    12-26-2016 01:57 PM
    Thank You MsAtx

I see you have the Note 5 I have the S6 Edge and I cannot find on my device the GBoard. I will do some searches but where is the option located I do not have it where I would anticipate in the language and input selection.

Thank you
    I am not she / he but I noticed Gboard in my Applications a few days ago. It's the new name for the Google Keyboard, and while I can't remember on a past Samsung if it's also installed by default, you should find it listed in Applications ( Manager) but no icon in the App Drawer (though I thought there was).

If it's not selectable in Language and Input as an alternative keyboard or you still have Google keyboard there you can update / download Gboard from the Play Store.
    12-26-2016 02:31 PM
    I am not she / he but I noticed Gboard in my Applications a few days ago. It's the new name for the Google Keyboard, and while I can't remember on a past Samsung if it's also installed by default, you should find it listed in Applications ( Manager) but no icon in the App Drawer (though I thought there was).

If it's not selectable in Language and Input as an alternative keyboard or you still have Google keyboard there you can update / download Gboard from the Play Store.
    THank you. Yes I did see it in the play store (I should have looked before posted) I installed but still no difference.
    12-26-2016 02:47 PM
54 123