Will Samsung Gear 2 watch fully function with Google Pixel?

A

AC Question

My Samsung Galaxy 6 stopped working this weekend, so I opted for the new Google Pixel. It didn't occur to me until later (doh!) that I just got a Samsung Gear 2 watch in September and I might lose some functionality. So far the things I'm missing are:

- Text messaging. I used to be able to view and respond to texts on my watch. Now the messaging app is missing from the watch entirely. Anybody know how to remedy?
- NFC payments from the watch. Samsung Pay was on the watch before. But Samsung Pay is not compatible with Pixel. Can I still make payments from my gear somehow?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, no you won't be able to make payments from the watch until Samsung allow Android Pay on their smartwatches - doubtful.

As for the 1st point, it could be due to the fact the Pixel is running 7.1 - maybe when Samsung release this to the phone, the feature might work.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez