What is dcm provider

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Dicm is an accepted standard format for managing digital images across many devices. That's where the camera puts your pics. Try reboot the phone and see if that fixes it. Failing that, come back to us and we'll give you more things to try....

nbjosii

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Please help. I have a Galaxy S5 and recently the message "Unfortunately DCM Provider has stopped" started flashing up repeatedly. I backed up the phone using Samsung Smart Switch and factory reset the phone. It stopped the messages but as soon as I restored using Smart Switch the messages returned. I have tried to "force stop" the app but it doesn't stay stopped.

Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's hard to find anything about it, but from what I can gather, it has to do with wi-fi. I found this little nugget in a firmware FAQ from Actiontec, which makes Screenbeam, a wireless display:

(Q) What is DCM?
(A) DCM stands for Different Channel Mode. DCM is a function of the wireless network adapter and its driver. It enables the system's wireless adapter to simultaneously operate multiple connections on different wireless channels, and supports applications such as Wi-Fi infrastructure and Wi-Fi Direct.

However, this doesn't mean that I know for sure why DCM Provider is causing problems. I'd suggest a cache partition wipe to start with, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28492

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol