New update nougat causing keyboard glitch with double letters ("", bb)?

A

AC Question

New update nougat causing keyboard glitch with double letters ("", bb)?

S Kush

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
Re: New update causing keyboard glitch with double letters ("", bb)?

I just starated having the problem with last update from At&t. About once or twice a day, phone goes into first letter repeat spasms.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: New update causing keyboard glitch with double letters ("", bb)?

I just starated having the problem with last update from At&t. About once or twice a day, phone goes into first letter repeat spasms.
I don't think I have seen you around. Welcome to the forums. Have you tried rebooting the phone?

Karina Ogilvie

Jan 19, 2018
Visit site
On a Samsung Galaxy S7...

I had a similar problem but not exactly the same. When I "press and hold" a key to get the associated punctuation (special character), I would get a double letter. For example, when I pressed and held "m" to get a "?" I would receive "mm" instead.

I tried to uninstall the Android System WebView App as directed above in this thread but the app was already Disabled. And uninstalling it was not an option present.

However, I was able to solve the issue by resetting the personalized data in the Samsung keyboard (see the following):

Settings -> Language and Input -> Virtual Keyboard -> Samsung Keyboard -> Reset Settings -> Clear Personalized Data

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34