Is the S6 still worth getting now?

A

AC Question

Looking to buy a phone outright and the S6's are within my budget. I can find some brand new ones still for sale but I'm wondering if it's worth still getting or are there issues that I should just avoid and select a different phone.

eyoussef

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello. You will get different opinions and it depends partly on your budget and how much you like Samsung.
Yes I think the S6 is worth buying new in box. There are many nib S4, Note 3, S5's from a chain in the UK.
Downsides are the marginal battery life over a day and lack of SD Card slot.

You should be aware of the phenomenal value in recent mid range phones though, which will get Android 7.x Nougat.
What are you looking to spend?

I was the one that asked the question.

The most I'm willing to spend is $400, preferably close to $350. I'm located in Canada and I can find brand new LG G5's for $400 and the occasional brand new S6 for $350 if I get to it fast enough before it sells. I would like to get a OnePlus 3 but it's above my budget.

What other phones should I consider? I'm not opposed to used phones but I have a thing for brand new ones lol.

Last edited:

eyoussef

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Ya, pricing here is ridiculous, you should see our cell plans. I'm on a grandfathered plan that i'd have no way of getting anymore so I have to buy phones outright. My G3 died on me and i'm looking to buy off kijiji (our used buy and sell website). Outright prices on carrier websites are over inflated but even then people think their phones are made of gold. I would like to get the oneplus 3 but I can't justify 520 canadian right now. I'll take a look at the moto z play though.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair