Samsung Galaxy S5 is restarting on its own

A

AC Question

Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy S5 has been restarting on its own since yesterday. I first tried to turn off my phone and when I press power off it instead restarts. I then decided to back up my important stuff and factory wipe the phone from the android operating system and clear the cache. Both of those things also didn't work. I then tried to adjust the battery a bit even putting a small piece of paper in the very thin gap to seal up any space and that also didn't work. The phone is still restarting randomly. I tapped on the power button assuming it might be stuck and it clearly isn't. A definite click and it feels comfortable. Going into safe mode on the phone also hasn't helped as the phone still restarts. I truly am stuck. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jordan

Crabby Abie The Queen T-Flo

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy S5 has been restarting on its own since yesterday. I first tried to turn off my phone and when I press power off it instead restarts. I then decided to back up my important stuff and factory wipe the phone from the android operating system and clear the cache. Both of those things also didn't work. I then tried to adjust the battery a bit even putting a small piece of paper in the very thin gap to seal up any space and that also didn't work. The phone is still restarting randomly. I tapped on the power button assuming it might be stuck and it clearly isn't. A definite click and it feels comfortable. Going into safe mode on the phone also hasn't helped as the phone still restarts. I truly am stuck. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jordan

is it a new phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'd suspect a faulty Power button. The button itself might click normally, but maybe there's something wrong with the contact. Bring it to a repair shop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1