marshmallow update deleted all of my music and corrupted my external memory card

A

AC Question

marshmallow update deleted all of my music and corrupted my external memory card i have a samsung galaxy s4 on at&t...oh and my battery does not last as long as it did before the update. man am i ready to go back to iPHONE! Before anyone says, look in your music folder, that no longer exists on my phone. Marshmallow decided I no longer need it and my purchased songs. now the question: What do i do? i know, leave android and go back to iPHONE!

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hmmm, l can see that would cheese you off on a big way! Older devices sometimes don't cope well with these updates sadly. Can you find file manager in the device? Look in storage? Does the sd card work in other devices?
Try cache partition wipe (is good to do that after sofware updates in any case).
If nothing works, the place you purchased the music from should have your records and perhaps you can download the songs again...? If none of that helps we might need to get more drastic.. Join the forums and we'll talk you through it here... Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane