All my Nexus 6 charge cables fail

A

AC Question

I have a Nexus 6
All the charge cables I use get loose in about a week and won't charge the phone or they charge with difficulty
Three questions
Do I need some special cable?
Can I use one of those ambient chargers?
If so what do you recommend?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do I need some special cable?
Not special, just better quality.

Can I use one of those ambient chargers?
What's an "ambient charger"? Do you mean a generic one? If the current (Amps or milliamps or ma or mA) on the Output line is at least as high as the original one. (It can be higher - I charge from a 30 Amp source regularly - as long as it's 5 Volts.

If so what do you recommend?
Always the original. If the Nexus cables aren't holding up, try Cables to Go - they use pretty good connectors.

But watch how you plug the cable in and unplug them. Jamming one in can destroy the pins in it. Trying to get it in backwards can too. Pulling it out by the cable, not the connector, can break wires inside the connector, making the cable useless. (I'm still using a charger I got with my V551 - in around 2004.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's possible the phone's microUSB port is damaged or faulty -- that part might have to be replaced.

If by "ambient charging," you mean wireless charging, then yes, the Nexus 6 supports wireless charging (using the Qi standard).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy