ES File Explorer deleted my files? how do i recover them?

Longshotss

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
*Sorry for the long story in advance*
so i came back from vacation and my mom wanted me to give her photos from the vacation (i took over 1k somehow) so i decided it would be more productive*to move the photos from my phone to my computer and then put it on a USB Flash Drive that i would give to her, so i connect my phone (Nexus 6P) to the computer but see that the folder is too big so i move half of it to a new folder*using ES FILE EXPLORER then move both of them to the Internal Storage Thing (when you connect your phone to a computer its the first set of folders you'll see), the first half works, i move it no problem, the second is empty. i check to see if i maybe didn't move it, nope i did, then i restart the phone. still missing. i enter the album app and see that the photos are missing but the album is still there but empty. i use a different album app and see that the folder with the files but when i press on a photo an error pops up and says "Cannot load photo". i look in the recycle bin in ES FILE EXPLORER, nothing there. i also see that i mysteriously have an additional 17 GB*free on my phone.

*i have 2 camera apps, Google's "Camera" and "OpenCamera". i did this for both but only realized it deleted the files for both at the very end.

so now i have half the photos i had before and have lost the majority of the vacation photos.

What can i do to recover these photos?? PLEASE HELP!
Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The "album" is the last name in the unambiuous filename (the whole thing from the / onward) - so if you have 2 folders with different names in the UFN, but the same name of the last folder (IOW, /DCIM/Camera/Monday/ducks and /DCIM/Camera/Tuesday/ducks, they're both in the ducks "album". That can cause problems.)

NEVER move, always copy - then, if the copy was successful, delete the files, not the pictures in a picture app. (File managers aren't fooled by different names in the chain - they see the files as different files.)

About the only thing you can do now is try to recover the deleted files. DiskDigger undelete (root) will do that, but the phone has to be rooted - which means copying at least 2 files to the phone (in addition to the app) - so you might lose some of the deleted files. (You can't actually undelete files in an unrooted phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown