HTC ONe M8 - Data Disconnected following SIM port (UK/Vodafone)

A

AC Question

I have bought an HTC One M8 from a friend to replace my current M7. It is originally a UK Three phone, but is unlocked.

I had my number ported across to a new SIM, and phone and voice/txt came over immediately, but the data connection remains stubbornly unavailable.

I have spoken to Vodafone UK support several times. I’ve tried the usual soft reset, network resets. IT would appear that the Vodafone network has failed to send through the Access Point settings by text despite several attempts. I have attempted to configure the AP manually using the settings for Contract phones, but it fails to connect. After adding the settings and enabling the AP, if I revisit the menu afterwards the blue button has turned grey again.

Name: Contract WAP
APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: wap
Password: wap
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS Port: Not set
MCC: 234
MNC: 15
Authentication type: None
APN type: default (also tried *)
APN protocol: IPv4 (unchangeable)
Enable/disable APN: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

Having put the SIM back in the old phone the data connection is available, which makes me suspect a problem with the device itself, but there’s a number of possibilities (fault with the phone, partial unlock issue, a config issue or a problem with the number port to the new SIM).

Can anybody suggest what area the issue is likely to lie, and the best next course of action?

Thanks

Alex.

motorleague

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm also seeking assistance from Vodafone Support (who are pretty useless to be honest) and the Vodafone online forum. Part of the issue here is I don't understand enough about the underlying technilogy to understand precisely which area the problem is likely to apply, so I'm trying to cover as many bases as possible in trying to understand the problem better, or encounter somebody with the necssary knowledge to suggest the next best first step.

Alex.

motorleague

Oct 31, 2016
Visit site
Resolved. Contrary to all the available documentation online (and provided by Vodafone support), the Bearer needed to be set to LTE.

Unfortunately I originally submitted the thread anonymously, so I don't think I can update the subject line to reflect this - apologies.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Resolved. Contrary to all the available documentation online (and provided by Vodafone support), the Bearer needed to be set to LTE.

Unfortunately I originally submitted the thread anonymously, so I don't think I can update the subject line to reflect this - apologies.
No worries. I can change it later or flag a Mod to do it now.