I'm in Europe and I have a friend in the U.S. who has a phone he can send me.
    Where he works there's basically a lost and found box, if stuff doesn't get claimed in (some time period) they can take stuff.

My phone is turning to **** so he said there's a Samsung Galaxy S5 can send me, I'd just pay for the shipping.

So, to the actual question..
    What are some things we need to check to make sure it'll work in Europe?

I looked around some and saw stuff about region locking(although that seemed to about European Samsung Galaxy S5s?).
    So, except for checking if it's carrier locked, what else do we need to check(and how) to make sure it'll work here in Europe?
    10-31-2016 04:43 PM
    You need to check the exact model can receive the necessary bands. If you can post the model number I can check.
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    10-31-2016 05:05 PM
    Hi this is OP. I logged in using some random Facebook account. I asked my friend to get me the serial number but it might take a little while.

I've read some about region locking and since the phone is still in America just calling someone for 5 minutes should un-region-lock it right. I assume the original owner already used it to make calls so region locking shouldn't be an issue, right?
    10-31-2016 05:17 PM
    Yes just make a 5 minute call with a UK sim . Also Samsung can do this should you encounter difficulties.
    10-31-2016 05:31 PM
    So what I need to do to make sure the phone from the U.S. will work in Sweden is to:

A. Check the exact model to see if it can receive the necessary bands(I'll post here when I get the exact model)
    B. Make sure it's not carrier-locked
    C. Make sure it's not region-locked(or unlock it is if it)

Is there anything else that I need to be aware of or is that everything
    10-31-2016 08:01 PM
    You need to check the exact model can receive the necessary bands. If you can post the model number I can check.
    If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    So what I need to do to make sure the phone from the U.S. will work in Sweden is to:

A. Check the exact model to see if it can receive the necessary bands(I'll post here when I get the exact model)
    B. Make sure it's not carrier-locked
    C. Make sure it's not region-locked(or unlock it is if it)

Is there anything else that I need to be aware of or is that everything
    That's all you need
    11-01-2016 04:14 PM