Is it the camera or the camera glass?

A

AC Question

The device is a galaxy s7 incase anyone is wondering.

Whats up, so about almost two months ago i was in school and decided to put my phone in bag during gym (never done this before). Didnt put much thought into it. During lunch i decided to take it out and noticed a big hole on the camera glass. Bassically it broke and formed a perfect circle in the middle of the camera glass. My dad took it to the local repair shop and he changed the camera lense, he changed it but the when i open the camera app the picture comes out very blurry. Went back to the guy that repaired the glass he claims it's the camera. Went to T-Mobile and they claim that its the camera glass. So what could it be? The actual camera or the camera glass? Btw Auto focus/manual focus works fine.

Any possible answer is apreciated and sorry for the question

Also if i sent it to samsung to repair it how much would they charge?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
If the picture is coming out blurry, how are you deciding that auto-focus and manual-focus are working fine?

From the user point of view, it would seem to not matter what the exact problem is since the problem is not fixable by the user (you). Obviously you need to sent it go a repair shot better than the previous one you used.

Alexis sarmiento

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Well when i first opened the camera after it was "fixed" i entered pro mode and played around with the focus setting manual was working fine items up close although blurry lol it was clearer whereas everything from afar got blurry so it worked. But i guess my best solution would be send it to samsung. Thanks for the response though! Always apreciated! Btw i wrote the question just had to create an account to reply