When When I go to files and delete pics why do the pics in my gallery get deleted too?

A

AC Question

When I go to the yellow folder looking thing (My files) on my phone I see several different categories. Misc. Files, cache, recent files, images, documents etc.....I assumed it's where everything is stored that you have done, downloaded, taken a picture of, searched for in Internet or whatever it may be. When I click on images....I go to delete them so I can free up space on my phone and I have noticed that it will also delete the image out of my galary too. I already have the image in my galary and my backup cloud account.....so I don't need the pic in this place also......but when I go to get rid of it....it gets rid of it everywhere. This isn't the case with text messages, or some other types of files......just images. This means anytime I take a pic I'm going good to have it clog up memory because I can't just keep it in my galary and delete it out of files.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It's how Android handles files. It's not so much that you have duplicates of all your pics, you're just opening from a different place. Like a house, you can walk in via a number of doors, but you'll only find the one kitchen...

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Gallery displays all the pics on the phone. When you delete one of them, it no longer displays it - because it's no longer there.

(Gallery doesn't have any special folder in which to store pictures, it just shows everything on the phone.)