I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, I purchased a Samsung Evo+ 128Gb and I had data on it. I decided to encrypt my data on my Micro SD Card but I found that once I connected it to my computer to add files to my SD Card I found that I could no longer do so.

I then tried to decrypt my Micro SD Card but I have run into a problem. My new problem is that I can't get my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to read my Micro SD Card now, I think that I was successfully able to decrypt my card but I'm not totally sure.

When I go into the storage option of my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge it says for my SD card as "Ready" but it does not show anything else. When I go to check in the "lock and security" screen it gives me the option to either decrypt or encrypt my Micro SD Card.

Did I mess up my Micro SD Card? Can I do anything to fix this problem? I have an SD Card Reader could I format my Micro SD Card so that it's readable again on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge again?

The Data isn't really that important that I cannot get it again, The data on my SD Card is stored on my Computer, So I can always just readd it to my SD Card.
    11-01-2016 01:25 AM
    If you can't decrypt the thing, maybe reformat it, if you have the data backed up in any case. I've heard many horror stories about sd card encryption gone wrong, so I'd stay right away from that...
    11-01-2016 02:11 AM
    Alright, I have reformatted my card, but now when I try to make a new folder using the method of connecting my S7 Edge to my computer via USB in file transfer mode the "card" folder on my sd card freezes the screen. I just get a "Not responding" message in my windows.

What are my options? Did I do something wrong?
    11-01-2016 10:27 PM