How can I change bluetooth timeout in Android Marshmallow?

A

AC Question

Really, please help. I had KitKat on my previous phone and there were some kind of visibility and timeout settings in Bluetooth sections after clicking three little vertical dots in the upper right corner. It all worked fine.
But now I have Marshmallow and in Bluetooth section, after clicking the same dots, I only get "Refresh", "Change this device's name" and "show received files" (translated from Polish) options, but there's no option about timeout. And bluetooth turns off after exactly one minute since turning it on. What can I transfer by bluetooth during one minute? It's enough for text files and small audio files up to 9,5 mb, but nothing bigger.
Where do I access an option to change or disable bluetooth timeout?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
When you have the Bluetooth settings open the device should remain visible meaning no timeout. Alternatively, you can pair the devices and transfer files while connected.

PeaceGuard

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
~ Srkmagnus

There is a timeout, regardless of whether I stay in the settings menu, do anything else, keep the screen on or off. It always turns off after one minute.
And I'm talking about transferring files between my laptop and smartphone which ARE paired. It works perfectly fine inside this window of one minute, but then the phone bluetooth disconnects.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca