Hi, I have a Blu Pure XL and it used to be very simple to transfer files between my phone and computer. I haven't done so in awhile, however recently I can't install my driver to access my phone files. I called Blu for support and they said that I would need to update my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for it to work. I'm not happy, because that's like $200 I would need to spend on a $400 phone after only six months, because the manufacturer basically doesn't give a darn. Are there any workarounds?! I'm so frustrated.
    11-02-2016 09:28 AM
    Welcome to the forums. This might seem like a strange suggestion, but do you have any spare computers around? If so, I would suggest loading a distro (short for distribution) of Linux, which is a different Operating System. I would back up any info you want (installing the new OS will wipe everything) before doing this. Linux file types should be able to read almost anything.

Linux is free, you just need to download it and create an iso start up drive. This will take probably a couple hours to download and set up.

I shifted from Windows to Linux in roughly 2013, and I love it. It is a tinkerer's system, meaning that there is no official support for the OS unlike Windows. There are a lot of forums (like this one) for Linux, but Linux is a environment where if you have issues, it's up to you to figure out how to fix them.

As for me and Windows.....I will eventually go back to it for gaming, but that's about it.

Sorry to go off on a rant....this was the best thing I could think of that involved spending no money. If you need suggestions on which Linux distro to get...I would say Ubuntu. There are lots of videos that will showcase the OS, so that you can see what it's like.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-02-2016 09:46 AM