Why am I not receiving text messages on time or in order?

A

AC Question

I am using a Nexus 6P on AT&T. The texting app I use is Textra.

My issue is with text messaging. I am not receiving all of my text messages or not receiving them on time.
Example, I text my friend and I get no replies. A few hours later I get a flurry of text messages, all out of order from her. She replies quickly to my messages (she shows me on her phone) and she even sends texts that are the "hello!, are you there...". It's quite annoying. Sometimes the delay in receiving these messages is several hours.

This is the first time i've experienced this using Android. I've never had issues with my previous Moto X 1st and 2nd gen. She uses an iPhone.

This is seriously making me consider going back to the dark side by getting an iPhone but I LOVE ANDROID and don't want to just give up. Please save me from the dark side.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Why do you see Apple as the dark side? it's a great os with great phones.

As for your issue, have you tried removing Textra and using the stock messaging app to see if that helps?
is your signal okay, as this can result in delayed messages coming through.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.