Droid Turbo 2 - Latest Update Failed, System Now Fails to Reboot

A

AC Question

This evening I attempted to download the latest update from Verizon (24.31.22.kinzie_verizon.verizon.en.US) and about 5 minutes into the process the install failed. Now that it has failed, the system will not start at all.

When the phone boots I see the Motorola logo, it goes through the splash screen and plays the music. I then see the message that Android is starting and it is Optimizing Apps (1 of 5) and it completes this process (5 of 5, etc), then it tells me it is Starting Apps. It's here the spinning indicator freezes, and the phone goes right back to the Motorola logo, and the entire process repeats in a loop.

What steps should I take next? Is there some way to repair this software installation or just reverse it? I've had issues previously, installing Marshmallow when it rolled out, but when I used Verizon's Software Upgrade assistant I was able to install it that way and have never had a problem with this phone otherwise. Do I have any options other than to factory reset the phone?

kohara05

Nov 4, 2016
Visit site
Factory reset made no difference. Going to have to see if Verizon will replace this or just purchase a new one. I'm pretty upset that this happened out of nothing during a rather mundane software update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair