Having charge boot loop problem. All suggested solutions did not work. I found a solution.

A

AC Question

Lithium Ion batteries have an internal protection ckt that shuts the battery down at about 2.7 volts. Then the Samsung tablet goes into the dreaded boot loop. If this happens at room temp ie about 76 degrees you can up the voltage of the tablet by setting it on a ice pack to bring the battery temp down. Do not freeze your tablet. As the temperature drops the internal battery resistance rises and so does the output voltage. In most cases this will put the output above the 2.7 volt shutdown voltage and the battery will then start charging. I had one that refused all attempts until i did this and it only took about 8 min on the ice pack to start it charging. Hope this helps someone that has one that will not charge and does not want to dismantle their tablet.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
At 2.7 Volts, the charge is about .001%. Since lithium batteries are not deep-discharge devices, you should NEVER discharge them past 40% - in which case you'd still be well above 3 Volts, and you'd never have the problem. (Whether you found a way to charge the battery or not, dropping it down to 2.7 Volts regularly is going to kill it in months.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000