Google locked me out of my own phone! says "sign with Google account previously synced"

A

AC Question

Google locked me out of my own phone! says "sign with Google account previously synced"

I did a factory reset on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and ended up with "This device was reset to continue, sign in with a Google account previously synced on this device." message. When trying to sign in, it loops back to my login and tells me to use an account previously used on this device.

It is running android 6.0.1. I have been using it for almost a year now.

Very frustrating. I did not ask Google to treat my phone like Fort Knox. If I want it to be like Fort Knox, I will set it up that way.

Please help. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google locked me out of my own phone! says "sign with Google account previously synced"

Either log in with the old Google account or contact Google.

Rajmkumar88

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Google locked me out of my own phone! says "sign with Google account previously synced"

Google says they cannot help as they do not keep the link between phone and gmail address.

Which is wrong! I am having this problem because my phone is linked to a gmail address. All they have to do is unlink the phone with the gmail address. That is equivalent to resetting my phone. I am ready to send my proof of purchase and my contract with Sprint.

Google is saying it is Samsung issue.

I called Samsung and they are blaming it on Google's Android Device Protection Lock. The Device Protection Lock should be optional, not sure why Google is forcing it on us.

Samsung is saying, send an email (with all the proof) for resetting my mobile device, they will respond in 72 hours. If all documents fine, they will ask me to ship my phone to El Paso. They will reset it there and ship it back to me. Really!! I am out of my phone for weeks.

All this was caused by new android feature "Device Protection Lock!!!"

Are you sure, there is no other workaround?

JohnprChu

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site

Just happened to me last night. I was actually testing it to see if it is working because I lost my phone a couple months ago. Now this happened? I called google twice and they said it is a Samsung issue. I told them I used a google Android Locked Manager and they could not do anything about it except a factory reset. Then I talked to Samsung and they said that the Android Lock Management is actually not incompatible with my phone. So why the hell Samsung is working with this crap google and not compatible with my phone? They said that I will have to wait for 24 hours to sync my account on the phone to sign back in after doing a reset factory. They said they will call back after the 24 hour period. If they do not fix this I will SUE THEM!

Beezie Gongora

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site

Just happened to me last night. I was actually testing it to see if it is working because I lost my phone a couple months ago. Now this happened? I called google twice and they said it is a Samsung issue. I told them I used a google Android Locked Manager and they could not do anything about it except a factory reset. Then I talked to Samsung and they said that the Android Lock Management is actually not incompatible with my phone. So why the hell Samsung is working with this crap google and not compatible with my phone? They said that I will have to wait for 24 hours to sync my account on the phone to sign back in after doing a reset factory. They said they will call back after the 24 hour period. If they do not fix this I will SUE THEM!

Thought this bypass may help y'all
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Android+Device+Manager+-+Bypass+Screen+Lock+on+any+Android+Device/34600

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I'm not entirely sure this works if the phone already has a screen lock set up. The Google support site specifically says:

"Ring
Rings your device at full volume for 5 minutes — even if it's set to silent or vibrate.

Lock
Locks your device with a password if you don't already have one set.

Erase
Permanently deletes all of your data. Android Device Manager may not be able to wipe the content of an SD card in the device. After you erase the device, Android Device Manager will no longer work on it."

I believe that if there is already a screen lock set, ADM will just tell you that a new password isn't needed, since there is already one set.

Bashshami

Jul 7, 2018
Visit site

I did a factory reset on Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and ended up with "This device was reset to continue, sign in with a Google account previously synced on this device." message. When trying to sign in, it loops back to my login and tells me to use an account previously used on this device.

It is running android 6.0.1. I have been using it for almost a year now.

Very frustrating. I did not ask Google to treat my phone like Fort Knox. If I want it to be like Fort Knox, I will set it up that way.

Please help. How do I fix this? Thanks!

How did you solve your problem, I too am facing the same same issue, If you have solved yours please help me with the solution.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

How did you solve your problem, I too am facing the same same issue, If you have solved yours please help me with the solution.

Was the device you're using originally yours? If not - you need to find the original owner and ask for their assistance with signing in and properly resetting the device - http://www.androidcentral.com/factory-reset-protection-what-you-need-know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar