Can't pull down notifications panel, Home buttons etc not working

A

AC Question

Hi Guys, Can you help please?
I am getting very frustrated with my LG G5. A couple of weeks ago the battery drained very quickly for two days then after charging and powering it on the second day (after a complete drain), I noticed the notifications panel wouldn't pull down, the home screen button wouldn't work, the lock screen had gone, wallpaper gone etc etc. It was suggested at the shop I bought it from that it was probably a software upgrade and to do a factory reset. I have run back up on my phone in preparation for a reset, but am unable to change the USB setting to 'media sync' or 'file transfer' (as I can't access the notifications panel!!) so cannot see my phone on my pc to copy across any files or the back up file.....
On looking at other threads on here, it would seem to be a common problem!
There is advice on other options available for other phone models before resorting to a reset, was just wondering if any were applicable to my G5? I have tried the changing to guest user option which makes it better whilst the guest user (although can't access other things) but doesn't reset the phone when I change back.
Any help gratefully appreciated as I have been looking at this on and off for a couple of weeks and just want to resolve it/get my notifications etc again! I am slightly nervous about doing a factory reset and losing data that doesn't back up, so other options would be great!
Thanks in advance
Amanda

Amanda303

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Hello Javier P,

Thank you for the welcome & Wow - magic :) Thank you!!

Followed the steps from your link (loading Nova launcher, running SetupWizardTestActivity etc) and Hey Presto, everything is back; notification panel, home button, open windows button, lock screen etc etc. I can't tell you how delighted I am! (I did also try clearing the cache first but like the other user, no joy).

I'm so pleased to have stumbled upon your great site...

Thanks again for your great advice and for restoring my sanity (well some of it anyway!!)
Amanda