I formatted my Micro SD Card as my internal storage and I realized that I wont be able to use Internal Storage like before. So I removed my memory card and then wiped my entire ROM and then I flashed the same ROM (fresh) again. It made it worse though.
    Please help. Any help would be appreciated.
    11-10-2016 09:51 AM
    There was no need to flash a new ROM. What exactly is the issue? You state "it made it worse" without explaining the problem
    11-10-2016 09:55 AM
    Hello, its me again.
    By "it made it worse" I mean, I could have had just formatted it again as portable storage and that could have had solved the problem... I think.
    My problem is that I cannot use my internal storage on Android 6.0 ROMS anymore. I need my internal storage back. I wanna use it to store stuff as I used it before.
    Sorry for not explaining it better at first place.
    11-10-2016 01:10 PM
    Sorry, I still can't get my head around this. When you say you can't use your internal memory is it full? Having flawed new firmware you apps etc should load there. Are they?
    11-10-2016 03:18 PM
    No, my internal storage isn't full. I just cannot access it. I mean, in file explorers like ES File Explorer, at "home" tab, there used to be two storage options, 1)Internal Storage and 2) SD Card (or external storage).... but now I just cannot see the Internal Storage... there's just External Storage...when I go to /mnt/sdcard , it gives me an error - "SD card not mounted". When I eject my memory card, there is just no storage... at all. No internal, and of course, no external. Without a memory card in my phone, I cannot click photos or download stuff. When I try to download form a file from a browser, an error pops out stating "SD Card is not available".
    Its like... without an external memory card... there's no storage in this phone at all... the in-built internal storage is supposed to be 16GB. And I cannot use that storage anymore in marshmallow ROMS.
    Note : I did a quick google search and I figured out that the internal storage gets encrypted after you format your micro SD card as internal storage. Is that related to this at all?
    11-10-2016 11:17 PM
    oh, and if I go to settings>storage, I can see that there's two storage, Internal as well as External SD Card. But when I try to access the internal storage using any of the explorers, it says SD Card not mounted.
    11-10-2016 11:28 PM
    Can you upload some screen shots of storage under settings and es file explorer screens? Thanks
    11-11-2016 03:38 AM
    Hello,
    how do I upload photos?
    11-11-2016 09:49 AM
    Hi In the reply window where you enter text, there is an icon which looks like a film strip, press that and you can select and upload images. THanks
    11-11-2016 09:52 AM
    Hello,
    Err, I do not see anything like that over here. Just a plain box to write text with a "Submit Answer" button below it.
    However, when I go to another post, I see that the text window is different there. There are various tools/options above the text window. I dont see any of those here.
    Maybe because this is "Ask a question" type of post and the others I see are "General help and how-to" type?
    Anyway, here's the link to the images -
    Storage problems - Album on Imgur
    11-12-2016 01:09 AM
    Hello, the images in the above link are from stock ROM (android 6.0)
    11-12-2016 09:35 AM
    Hi Sorry for delay, it's the weekend. I am confused by what you are experiencing and have asked some of my learned friends on the board. Will get back ASAP, haven't forgotten.
    11-12-2016 11:25 AM
    I appreciate your help. Thank you
    Let me explain the whole situation to you again.
    I had a memory card at first (32 GB). So I decided to format it as internal storage. I used to think that after I format it as internal storage, I will have 32+16 GB of internal storage (16 GB because my phone's built-in internal storage is 16GB).
    But I realized I was wrong. I couldn't use internal after that. The only memory that I could use as internal storage was from external memory card. My internal memory was just vanished. I could see it in settings>storage though that I had two storages.One was the built in internal storage and the other was the 32 GB external storage.
    After that, I wiped my entire ROM (it was a fresh ROM, there weren't many things installed so I did not lose any data) because I wanted to make things the way they were before (and also because I realized that the memory card was bad... it was corrupt).
    After I flashed the same ROM again, I realized that the things weren't much different. The internal memory was still not mounted and I couldnt use it to store stuff as before.
    I even re-downloaded the same ROM (different version of it, from different websites) But that did not work too.
    Yesterday, I even tried flashing Android Nougat ROM... but it was still as the way it was.
    So, I just flash android 5.0 ROM into it and I use it daily as the things are pretty fine in ROMs with Android versions 5.0, 5.1, or 4.4.
    Has it something to do with the encryption of internal storage?
    or maybe the internal storage is damaged (as the external SD Card I formatted as internal was corrupt) ?
    Thank you for the help again.
    larry1076 likes this.
    11-13-2016 06:06 AM
    Hello!
    So, yesterday I flashed CM 13.
    Now the things are a bit different.
    This time, the Internal SD Card is present. But the Internal SD Card is actually the External SD Card I have into my phone.
    I mean, this is the situation now,
    The internal storage and the external storage are kinda interchanged.
    The external SD card acts as internal storage now.
    And internal storage is just not there.
    If I eject my external SD Card, there is no Internal Storage again.
    Please tell me, how do I make my true internal storage usable again and how do I make my external SD card to be external storage again.
    Thanks for the help again.
    11-13-2016 11:24 PM
    11-15-2016 10:20 AM
    Giving it a try right away.
    11-17-2016 01:26 AM
    Hello.
    Its fixed now!
    I was about to change my ROM from CM 12.1 (lollipop) to CM 13 (Marshmallow). But I couldnt find my CM 13 flash file. So instead I flashed stock ROM (which is android 6.0). I was about to install exposed module but I formatted my memory card as portable before doing that.
    And ta-da!
    Internal storage appeared again!
    I have formatted my memory card portable many times on other marshmallow ROMs but that did not work.
    Maybe it worked this time because it was stock ROM?
    I dont know.
    But its fixed now.
    thank you for the help.
    Is there a "thanks button" or something? You helped a lot.
    larry1076 likes this.
    11-17-2016 09:16 AM
    Same here sometimes. Formatting SD as internal can be very buggy and in most cases useless. I hope it works out 4 you
    11-17-2016 09:22 AM