I want to use android auto in my 2016 vette but how much data do I need.

A

AC Question

I want to use android auto in a 2016 vette and I have a Galaxy S4 phone. The car has a hot spot but how much data do I need to purchase? The longest trip I normally take is about 11 hours. I can get 1 gig for $10 per month but is that enough? My phone only has 1 gig. I am kinda new to this so please pardon my ignorance.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That entirely depends upon what you plan to do with the pairing? Just navigation? I used 250 MB of data while navigating from Newburgh, NY to Queens and back, just maps.

Music streaming, podcasts, etc will use more.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Based on my experience above, I would cache maps for offline use. You can cache "areas" that you use frequently. Tap the hamburger menu and select Offline Areas. On there you can identify areas that will be saved to your phone, but you need space available on the phone to do this. You can set how much is cached for each area by zooming out.

As for email sync, I have 5 accounts syncing on my phone and I barely use 0.3 GB of data a month (I'm usually on WiFi when I'm not out and about) so your main concern on data usage is the mapping.