How to restore bookmarks in Chrome?

kihotes

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys!
I have a complicated problem. For some reason my LG G Flex2 started restarting and various other problems. In one restart it actually made system restore to some previous condition. So my contacts, settings, Chrome bookmarks and history disappeared. Unfortunately I had not been logged in Chrome so I can't retrieve the bookmarks through my account. Google account stores some activity but for now I don't see a way to retrieve my bookmarks and history from google servers. Does anyone has an idea what I can do to get my bookmarks? Are there some kind of restore points as in Windows and can I make a system restore to my previous state and get the bookmarks? Is it possible to restore Bookmarks files or backup from the system drive somehow? I don't have root access at the moment. Any ideas would be helpful!
Thanx!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi and welcome to Android Central. If you were logged in to a Google Account then the bookmarks would have synced up to your account, but is that not the case, were you not in an account when on Chrome?

kihotes

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
No, I was not logged in Chrome, that's the problem. I have Google account which tracks some activity, but not Chrome bookmarks as far as I know. The important question is where Chrome saves user data, bookmarks, etc. in Android ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton