Why wont Google Play launch from my own Wifi?

A

AC Question

This is the weirdest thing (Samsung J5 phone):
1) After constant notification nagging I decided to upgrade to version 6.0.1
2)Once installed I couldn't get through the launch procedure without first removing the sim card (Virgin payg)
3)After successfully launching I re-inserted the sim card and I thought all was well except Google Play would not launch (connection time out)
4) I tried all the suggestions on line including clearing cache/data from Play and Services etc. In desperation I Factory Rebooted. BIG MISTAKE! I'd lost all my apps, Google Play still wouldn't work so I couldn't rinstate them. I couldn't log onto my Google account so lost all contact data, calendar etc
5) Toyed with reinstalling Google Services from apkmirror but was worried about doing that.
6) I happened to be in a pub tonight with free wifi. I logged into their wifi and everything worked. I managed to log into my account and everything synced. I re-installed Twitter, no probs. But when I got home, Google Play has stopped working again. Luckily I'm still logged in but can't log into another google account, everything syncs ok and I can send gmails etc BUT Google Play still wont open to allow me to re-install my apps.
7) When I switch off the phone wifi and allow mobile data (remember I'm on PAYG) then I can do everything (but of course it costs me.)
I'm convinced theirs nothing wrong with my wifi hub because all other computers and tablet are working fine. It must be something to do with Version 6.
I'd really appreciate some help on this
Thanks

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci