I lost my phone several weeks ago. Location Manager hasn't been able to find it, but it somehow manages to update its "Last Online" date and time. (So the battery can't be dead, right? Meaning someone must have it and be using/charging it, right?)
    It has been online every day since I lost it, but the location remains unknown. Any ideas as to how I might be able to locate it?
    This is besides the point, but, for the record, I've tried locking the phone, displaying a message, and making it ring. I'm not sure if it has been working, and, if it has been working, whoever has it hasn't responded to my pleas.
    11-16-2016 03:49 PM
    Hello. So it is still being used on your Google account? have you tried changing your password? (it may take 24 hours + to effect)

Have you considered wiping it? Any Wipe or Lock/ Screen message command should have got through as these don't need Location on, just the device. The user may have a way of circumventing it, idk.

Location would be off in Settings if you cannot see it.

If it's a Samsung have you tried Find my Mobile?

Try these on a pc:

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/162744?hl=en

https://myactivity.google.com/myactivity

https://support.google.com/accounts/.../7028918?hl=en
    11-16-2016 04:16 PM
    Yeah, I tried changing the PW... haven't wiped it because I'm still holding out hope I'll be able to locate it (and whoever found it takes pity on me and finally responds to my texts etc.)
    It is a Motorolla.... I've tried Motorolla's "find my phone" and Google Map's history, as well...
    I just don't understand how, if the phone is on and registering on the Motorolla network, that it can't find its location (even approximate based on pings or whatever)
    11-16-2016 04:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. If you can see someone is definitely using it on your account, using searches, browser etc, I would definitely wipe it.
    I would also be of the view, if it happened to me, that most people will want to return it if they could, but it seems they have turned off Location fully, so cell towers won't help locate it. I'm not sure what else to suggest, but they will want to use location at some stage.
    I presume you had no lock screen pin/pw or someone had access to it. If they have access to Settings and you checked by looking at the history above, they can reset the device and remove your account. Are you sure it isn't on but locked/ if so it's no use to them as your account can't be removed.
    I doubt you will get it back unless someone else finds it.
    11-16-2016 04:56 PM
    I can't tell if someone is actively using it. I had it PW protected and I locked it via the Motorolla Device Manager (or at least tried to; there's no way to verify any of my locks, messages, etc. are going through). I haven't seen any activity on my gmail location activity monitor ... Normally I would've just assumed it is long gone, stolen and SIM replaced, etc. but the fact that the Motorolla Device Manager is still tracking and logging its location has me wondering what's going on! I've had phones stolen before but this has never happened before... and I'd love to get to the bottom of it.
    11-16-2016 07:37 PM
    I was prevented from responding or posting more yesterday.
    Have you tried the activity links above. Are you now saying it's showing a location, or activity. Do you think the screen is unlocked?
    11-17-2016 06:44 AM
    Yes, I tried the links. My location history seems to have switched over to my current phone when I replaced my lost/stolen phone with a new one. I don't see any activity suggesting the phone has been unlocked or used. In fact, I kept the SIM active for several days after and didn't see any calls/use on my bill.

Again, I'd think it was stolen, SIM switched, etc. and long gone if it weren't for the fact that it's still showing up on my Motorolla Location Manager and registering the last time it was active.

Thanks for your help.... hope I eventually get to the bottom of it!
    sfoLAX likes this.
    11-17-2016 09:16 AM
    Weird stuff to be honest... I don't know why that would be. Sometimes I get that too
    sfoLAX likes this.
    11-17-2016 09:22 AM