Some apps deleted after reboot

masterton

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
The phone became sluggish. I rebooted. After reboot, some of my apps were gone. :confused:

I opened Application Manager. It appears the apps got deleted became "com.(developer's name).(app's name)" and 0.00B.

I tried to install one app which got deleted. It failed. (Error code: -110)

What's wrong? How could I get back the apps, data and settings?

I have no SD card.
It is Samsung Galaxy Note 2, not rooted.
Please help. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what do you mean by "reboot"? The word is one of the most misused words here. What it means is that you restarted the phone, and the only way I can think of restarting deleting apps is that the app was never correctly installed.

(In Application manager, uninstall the app, restart, then try to install the app from Play.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You didn't do a factory reset, right?It's possible the apps that were causing the phone to be sluggish were the ones that disappeared -- perhaps they were crashing, and become unrecoverable after the reboot.

masterton

Nov 17, 2016
Visit site
Exactly what do you mean by "reboot"? The word is one of the most misused words here. What it means is that you restarted the phone, and the only way I can think of restarting deleting apps is that the app was never correctly installed.

(In Application manager, uninstall the app, restart, then try to install the app from Play.)

I restarted the phone. Those apps were installed correctly and had been used for quite some time.
About 8 apps were deleted (or no longer accessible?) after I restarted the phone.
I opened Application Manager. It appears the apps got deleted became "com.(developer's name).(app's name)" and 0.00B.
The app data are still there.

Welcome to Android Central! You didn't do a factory reset, right?It's possible the apps that were causing the phone to be sluggish were the ones that disappeared -- perhaps they were crashing, and become unrecoverable after the reboot.

No I didn't. The system looks unstable. I couldn't reinstall those unrecoverable apps. I would like to backup data and do a factory reset.
But how could I backup those app data? The app data are still there, but the apps are unrecoverable.

I tried Helium which states it can backup app data without root access. Unfortunately those apps which got deleted mysteriously were not on the backup list.

Titanium Backup needs root access. I've never rooted before.
What's the easiest way to root my phone? Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz