A photo was taken with the camera tilted on one side (Landscape). The saved photo looks fine on my Win10 PC, but several email recipients say it came to them upside down. Others, including all IOS Users, say it came to them correctly.
    What's Up??? Is there a setting I missed? The Photo details say the orientation is 180 degrees.

Thanks
    11-18-2016 12:59 PM
    Internal to the image file, after the image part, is a bunch of data (EXIF data) that describes the photo. Part of that description is which way is up.
    "orientation is 180 degrees" means you were holding the camera upside-down when you took the picture.
    Correctly written image viewers will look at this orientation data and correctly display your image.
    Old and wrongly written apps will ignore this data and often get the image viewed wrong side up.
    Some services, like Facebook, purposely remove this EXIF data and mess it up for everyone.

One way to work around the "viewer problem" is to edit the photo before sending it -- for example, rotate left then rotate right) so that when you save the new version of the file, the image is correctly matched with the "orientation of 0 degrees".
    11-18-2016 02:46 PM