sent picture to wrong persom

arena314

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and so does the person I sent the wrong picture to. I sent it through text but here's the thing. I'm in West Virginia and dont have service to call or text anyone only wifi. of I try sending anyone a text it will not send. also when the pic was sent wasn't up yet it was still processing and I was able to click on it and delete it before it processed and tried sending. what are the odds that when I go home and my service comes back that person will still recieve the message?

arena314

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
ok so I got to a point where my phone will send messages and I grabbed the phone that I sent the wrong picture to and send a different pic and it sent and went through but the one I sent on accident earlier never came in. am I in the clear?

arena314

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
I have service now and I have the phone I sent the pic to in my hand and I've sent it other pics and there all going through right now but tbe one I wasn't supposed to send never came up still. I think I'm good what you guys think?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
ok so I got to a point where my phone will send messages and I grabbed the phone that I sent the wrong picture to and send a different pic and it sent and went through but the one I sent on accident earlier never came in. am I in the clear?

If the message was not already sent when you got a good signal, then you were able to successfully delete it.

Last edited:

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
This happened to me before and the text didn't go thru because I didn't have WiFi so I thought.

It was sent anyways ugh? Maybe it depends on the carrier so hopefully yours didn't go thru?!

SMS texting does not use wifi. SMS is mobile data only.
That said, some carriers do have a texting app that will swap to wifi if no mobile data network is available.
Third-party message apps like WhatsApp will use any available network to send their messages, which are not SMS.