How can I get my S7 from Germany to register on Verizon's network in the US?

A

AC Question

S7 was used for 6 months in Germany with o2 Telefonica. even after the obligatory 5 minutes on a European network (several hours of phone calls in Germany!) the phone is still locked to the European region and cannot be registered on Verizon's network. o2 confirmed they have not put a lock of any kind on the phone, despite Samsung US's claims that only o2 can unlock the phone. Samsung Germany has told me they need a code from Samsung Korea which they have requested and we're supposed to send in 5-7 business days but it has been 15 days and still no code. Another call to Samsung Germany and I was told the code won't work anyway....3 levels of tech support with Samsung US and Verizon and both companies together and no resolution. I am ready to throw out this phone and go back to Apple! Please help!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They need to get the unlock code. How? That's the problem, it's out of your hands.

But Verizon usually only allows phones that are branded with their name on their towers. (They have the ESN of every such phone in a database, and if it's not there - which a European phone won't be - it won't connect. So even it it's unlocked, it can't be used on Verizon or Sprint [same problem].)