boot loop pixel

A

AC Question

I've just tried rooting my pixel using the boot to root method
the boot loader was unlocked successfully and then when I rooted it never has powered back up successfully. Its been stuck in a boot loop with the bouncing google balls for hours.
Ive tried to boot it up in recovery and i've factory wiped it hoping that would restore but its still stuck in looping . HELP !!!!

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Follow these steps and you can restore to a factory system image:

Please reboot to the bootloader (Hold Power and Volume Down while powering on the phone)
Use the volume keys and choose recovery
At the No Command screen hold power and while holding power press and hold volume up for about 5 seconds, let go of volume up and power and it should take you to recovery.
At the top it will give you the Build number Example: NDE63X
Go https://developers.google.com/android/ota and download the OTA that matches your build number
Copy the zip file to the same folder ADB is in
Choose Update from ADB in recovery
Open command prompt on your pc
enter

adb sideload name_of_ota.zip
Replace name_of_ota with the correct file name.
This will take a few minutes and will fix the bootloop. Data still intact.

Last edited by a moderator:

sugarlobster

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply.

I followed your steps but the when I type the command adb sideload. It says error: protocol fault (no status).
Would you be able to assist me past this point.
As well my computer is not recognizing the phone under device manager it does not show ADB android interface instead it says android bootloader interface.

Thank you

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply.

I followed your steps but the when I type the command adb sideload. It says error: protocol fault (no status).
Would you be able to assist me past this point.
As well my computer is not recognizing the phone under device manager it does not show ADB android interface instead it says android bootloader interface.

Thank you

I would use the SDK Manager and update drivers and ADB / fastboot interfaces. You'll need the computer to see the phone or this will not work at all. Once you are at the ADB sideload command, you can type adb devices to see if it sees your phone.

sugarlobster

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
ok ive managed to have it recognize my phone in the command prompt window . it shows my device as recognized when i go to adb side load in recovery on my phone. now the issue is flashing the recovery file. it will not recognize the file that i downloaded for my phone 7.1.0 (NDE63V, Nov 2016) from the website you provided. I've downloaded it and unzipped and i've tried every file in there and it just says cannot read and then whatever file i type.... this is so unbearably frustrating!!! what can i try next ?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
keep getting error protocol fault no status when trying to sideload the command . adb devices shows my device, however i cannot sideload the OTA file back to stock :(

You do NOT want to unzip the file. You just want to type: adb sideload nameofzip.zip

It's possible your ADB toolset is not fully up to date. Please check this first.

Since the drivers aren't updated most of the time, make sure you've installed the latest version of your Android SDK Platform-tools via the SDK Manager. Look at me, I have an update waiting! But yours might be older than that even...

Attachments

• sdk.JPG
    sdk.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692