I have a Samsung Galaxy s5. Iam not interested in Autocorrect or predictive text. Both these functions are quite annoying. Annoying because oftentimes, without any warning or indication, it changes a word I've typed to a completely different word and I won't realize this until after my message is sent. Predictive text is annoying because it takes up too much of the screen.
    I'm just looking for a spell checker that can be used without exiting the normal texting program. And by spellchecker I just want a red line or something under misspelled words, then it'll leave it to my discretion to correct it and how to correct it. Does this sort of function exist?
    The closest I can find are spell check apps, but they require you to copy and paste the text from their program, back into the one you are actually messaging through. This is not ideal at all, as it is time consuming and I can't have the message I'm responding to in front of me while I type.
    If this wort of option doesn't exist, is there a place I can recommend it as a feature to create?
    If any one can help I would appreciate it.
    11-20-2016 10:24 AM
    Hi, use Google Keyboard and turn off auto prediction. It will underline any spelling mistakes with a red line.
    11-21-2016 08:53 AM
    Google Keyboard.
    11-21-2016 09:00 AM