Can't get past the Google account screen after factory reset

A

AC Question

I had to factory reset my son's phone. The Pixi 4. After factory resetting the phone we had to go thru the set up process again. I enter in his Google email information and it is telling me "this device was reset. To continue, sign in with Google account that was previously synced on this device". I have been doing that and it is still not working. Also I have called the phone carrier and they are not able to help me neither is Google. I have reset the phone several times to try to completely wipe it and keep getting the same message when I get to the set up screen. Please help. It is still a brand new phone not even used 2 weeks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're certain you're entering your son's correct Google password, then make sure 2-step authentication is turned off temporarily.

PacoRaco

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
One thing to make sure of is that the email he uses is the same as the one he set it up under. It is possible to set it up under one email and remove it when he realized he put in an old email or one that is no longer in use

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000