Contacts not synching with Google

A

AC Question

I have almost 300 contacts on Galaxy S5 (verizon). Did factory reset and set up everything again (google, verizon, samsung). Restored contacts from verizon cloud. Google set to sync everything. Auto sync on - selected sync now and I get an indication of sync. When I log on to google via desktop, no contacts are found. I'm getting ready to switch carriers and need this to sync with new carrier since I won't be able to use verizon cloud.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
When you look at the contacts in question on your phone, are they shown as Google, Phone or Samsung contacts? I'm going to assume they are NOT Google contacts as you say they don't show up when you log in to your Google account on the desktop.

If they're phone contacts, I'd see if I could export them to a CSV file, get it to your desktop somehow (Google Drive?) then import to the Google account through the web interface.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome