Neo 2 got wet, now screen is on full bright and unreadable. Any idea for a fix?

A

AC Question

I fell into a pool helping a kid learn a back dive. The Neo 2 watch worked just fine that evening however the next day the screen went blank. I opened it up and let it sit a day next to the exit fan on my computer (dry warm airflow). It started working however the screen goes to full bright making it unreadable. I've put a full black background so the text is now readable however I'd like to get it back to where it was. I've darkened it using the settings. Will I have to replace the motherboard or something else?

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's not really possible to diagnose a hardware problem on a forum. It could just be the screen for now but as water damage is progressive who knows what will happen in the future. Best thing to do is to get it examined in a repair shop.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
See Oh, no! My Phone got Wet!. More than a few minutes ago? Then the chemicals in the water (pools don't usually have pharmaceutically-pure water in them) have already started attacking the components in the phone, and it's useful as a device to hold onto until you destroy it (to keep your data from falling into the wrong hands) and replace it. Ten seconds? Maybe. Ten hours? It's gone. (My phone gets sealed into 2 plastic bags if I'm going to be near water. Always.)