I have a BLU Vivo XL, and I just updated the phone to Android 6.0 through a wireless update. I unlock it after it has rebooted, and suddenly, it starts giving me error messages which I cant clear, continuously going away and coming back at the bottom of my screen. It says "Unfortunately, Carefree Launcher has stopped." I cannot do anything about it, go to my home screen, look at my apps, nothing. I can only reboot or restart the phone. Can you tell me what I can do about this issue?
    11-24-2016 11:52 AM
    Welcome to the forums. On the desktop version of Play you can install a different launcher, like Nova. Once it is installed (shouldn't take long) you can try clicking home when you unlock the device. If that works, it will give you the option to use Nova (click that) and that should break the cycle.
    11-24-2016 12:05 PM
    I have a BLU Vivo XL, and I just updated the phone to Android 6.0 through a wireless update. I unlock it after it has rebooted, and suddenly, it starts giving me error messages which I cant clear, continuously going away and coming back at the bottom of my screen. It says "Unfortunately, Carefree Launcher has stopped." I cannot do anything about it, go to my home screen, look at my apps, nothing. I can only reboot or restart the phone. Can you tell me what I can do about this issue?
    I have a vivo 5 and it's doing the same thing after the update today. I just happened to have nova launcher installed as well, luckily. Can you swipe up from the bottom and get your settings?
    11-24-2016 07:51 PM
    Change carefree or current theme to android basic and the error will go away (per Blu Support). Tthru settings - display - wallpaper - desktop wallpaper - theme .

For apps, update Google Play Services. No factory reset necessary, or anything else , everything worked as soon as I change theme. Good Luck!
    11-25-2016 09:47 AM
    Yup that fixed it. Pretty bad that their theme makes their own launcher crash.
    11-25-2016 02:11 PM