*** software status: Modified ***
    *** unknown ***
    *** S-ON ***
    ***security warning ***

htc download mode:

*** LOCKED ***
    htc_himauh1 PVT S-ON
    OS-2.10.401.1

hi, i used to have custom rom viperone m9 but since i want to sell my phone im trying to go back to original htc one m9 stock, after trying many things including making my phone S-OFF, trying to flash RUU files, locking bootloader, and finally flashing a stock rom according to a tutorial on xda developers, using android revolution HD to go back to stock rom.

my phone is now not booting up, it was just getting stuck on the htc logo, i tried changing from s-off back to s-on and now it just boots directly to bootloader and i cant get past the bootloader screen, ive tried doing factory resets and wiping cache in recovery and download mode but nothing is working, im not sure what to do so if anyone can help it would be appreciated!!! i just want to get back to original stock rom where i can get OTA updates and an unrooted phone.
    thank you
    11-25-2016 08:37 AM
    Welcome to the forums. What carrier is the device on?
    11-25-2016 08:39 AM
    Im in the UK and i bought it from carphone warehouse, its on 02-uk
    11-25-2016 08:59 AM
    htc one m9 software status modified locked s-on security warning
    please solve
    12-30-2016 01:36 PM
    htc one m9 software status modified locked s-on security warning
    please solve
    It means you have modified the software and the bootloader is locked. You are also s-on. You will need to use fastboot to flash your Unlock_code.bin in order to unlock the bootloader.
    12-30-2016 02:01 PM
    Bootloader info:

*** software status: Modified ***
    *** unknown ***
    *** S-ON ***
    ***security warning ***

htc download mode:

*** LOCKED ***
    htc_himauh1 PVT S-ON
    OS-2.10.401.1

hi, i used to have custom rom viperone m9 but since i want to sell my phone im trying to go back to original htc one m9 stock, after trying many things including making my phone S-OFF, trying to flash RUU files, locking bootloader, and finally flashing a stock rom according to a tutorial on xda developers, using android revolution HD to go back to stock rom.

my phone is now not booting up, it was just getting stuck on the htc logo, i tried changing from s-off back to s-on and now it just boots directly to bootloader and i cant get past the bootloader screen, ive tried doing factory resets and wiping cache in recovery and download mode but nothing is working, im not sure what to do so if anyone can help it would be appreciated!!! i just want to get back to original stock rom where i can get OTA updates and an unrooted phone.
    thank you
    What custom recovery are you using? My guess is because of it being on a strange carrier you will probably not find the correct RUU. It was probably not released. I think the best thing would be to get a nandroid off of someone with the same phone and carrier. Option B would be to go back to a custom ROM.
    12-30-2016 02:10 PM
    i kinda have the same problem only when in my phone fastboot screen when I press recovery option or bootload my phone goes to loop with silver HTC logo...I have not modified my phone any way .One minute the phone was charging the next it went on rebooting itself on the white HTC screen but when I press vol down + power it goes to black silver HTC logo and loops faster. All i can do now is press both vol buttons and power to go in the fastboot screen where none of the options work except going to the black silver htc logo and loops.......HTC disappointed me. I have used HTC since the HTC incredible days. Pleaze help
    03-22-2017 05:46 PM