how many times can a 100000 mah power bank charge your device

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
That depends on how big your phone battery is, and if its a true 100000mah power bank. I've seen shops selling devices that claim to be 100000mah, but are actually less than that. I used to have a 30000mah power bank that only charged my Note2 once, then bought a better quality 12000mah bank that can charge my phone twice.

Calculation formula is you multiply the powerbank capacity by 0.8, since thr power bank stores the charge at 3.5V, but it needs to convert to 5V flow to charge your phone. So in example, we take your 100000mah power bank, convert that, then it can give your phone 80000mah in power. Theoretically, if your phone battery has 2500mah capacity, that can give you 32 full charges. However, energy is also lost through heat and transmission. The power bank and phone heats up even a tiny bit during charging, so you lose mah at that. Then the transmission, you have to consider the length of the cord (shorter is less energy loss), the quality of the cord (better quality, less energy loss via resistance/impedance). The phone is also usually turned on during charging, so it's using battery during charging too. A good rule of thumb is, a power bank can only give you approximately 70% of its advertised capacity, and that's if everything is of high quality materials, and your phone doesn't have a rogue app or setting that's abnormally gobbling up energy.

That said, your power bank can give you approximately 70000mah. How many charges depend on how big your phone battery is. Different models have different battery sizes. A Galaxy V has a 1500mah battery, a Galaxy S6 has 2600mah, and a Galaxy S7 Edge has 3500mah.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech