Hello. I'm new here and I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out.
    I talk to my bf on the phone for hours everyday and my parents call at random times just to ask me how I am and stuff. My parents don't want me to talk to my bf so I enabled the Call Waiting setting in my phone so that they wouldn't know that my phone is busy and now when my parents call while I'm on another call, then I do receive their call and I do have the option of rejecting it or answering their call, but it tells them my number is busy! When I come back home my parents start interrogating me lol and ask me who I was talking to. I checked by making my phone busy with another call and then calling a 3rd number to my phone and I had the option of switching calls but it told them the number is busy.
    I had enabled this option in the past as well before I did "factory data reset" on my phone and it worked fine but I'm not sure if it told my parents whether the call was busy or not because I didn't check it like I did this time but my mum wouldn't ask me why my phone was busy so I guess it used to work. And I still have call waiting enabled in my phone.

Please tell me how I can fix the call waiting problem
    11-28-2016 10:17 AM
    Might need additional info, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

Ok, are you SURE they are getting a busy signal? It COULD also be that there are clues to people using call waiting, there is a slight pause in the ring that the person hears while waiting for you to answer that alerts them to you having another call on the line. Also IF you take a while picking up, this is another clue. Plus parents are smart. I'm not sure what your age is, BUT have you tried having an open and honest conversation with them? Now if you are under 18 and under their roof (AND even if not) you must mind them, and do as they say, BUT you can still have your say. Be as mature as possible and explain yourself and why you want to have phone conversation with your friend, also LISTEN to their side, compromise, and work something out! HOPEFULLY!

PS IF you have 2 calls on the line already, then they WILL get a busy signal, so for example IF your bf is on the line live and your bestie is holding (you tell her everything right, lol) then those 2 calls are it and your folks would get a busy!
    11-28-2016 10:24 AM
    Yes, they do get a busy signal. And they do not hear a ring, the network I guess tells them that "the number is busy on another call please wait".
    Lol I meant it's just me and him, when I said 3rd line in my post I meant I called my number from the landline, picked up the call on my phone and then called from my mum's phone to check lol.
    And I'm 22 years old and we plan on marrying, so I do know what I am doing. I understand you had to ask.
    11-28-2016 10:48 AM
    Yes, they do get a busy signal. And they do not hear a ring, the network I guess tells them that "the number is busy on another call please wait".
    Lol I meant it's just me and him, when I said 3rd line in my post I meant I called my number from the landline, picked up the call on my phone and then called from my mum's phone to check lol.
    And I'm 22 years old and we plan on marrying, so I do know what I am doing. I understand you had to ask.
    Gotcha! Again I still advise being honest with them, it's YOUR life and they need to respect that. BUT you are their child so they worry, but dialog is key. Ok I'll stop being Doctor Phil now, lol!

You may want to check with your carrier and find out why they are getting a busy when call waiting SHOULD be working. Of course you have tried the simple stuff like restarting your phone? Turning on airplane mode, waiting 30 seconds then turning it back off, this will force your phone to reacquire its cellular signal. Does your carrier support VoIP calling or WiFi calling IF so try with and without these settings turned on and see if this helps.
    11-28-2016 11:08 AM